QHSE policy is communicated to personnel at all levels within the Polychem organization and to interested parties through our website. This policy shall be the basis for establishing and reviewing QHSE Objectives and Targets and shall be reviewed for its continuing suitability at periodic intervals.
We are committed and shall strive for continual improvement of our quality, occupational health and safety management & environmental management programs. QHSE performance will be monitored at all of our operations and facilities. Polychem will constantly endeavor to achieve and maintain high standards of safety in its operations.
Polychem is committed to -
- Satisfying applicable requirements by ensuring that customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are determined, understood and consistently met.
- Continual improvement of the QHSE by ensuring the risks and opportunities that can affect conformity of products and services and the ability to enhance customer satisfaction are determined and addressed and the focus on enhancing customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ensure the QHSE policy and objectives are established are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the Polychem.
- QHSE objectives have been set and are maintained as part of the internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes, in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Promote the use of a process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Ensure that the resources needed for the QHSE are available; including training, support and encouragement.
- Ensuring that the established Integrated Management System achieves its intended results.
- Engage, direct and support persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the Integrated Management System.
- Establish partnerships with suppliers and interested parties to provide an improved service Safe, healthy & Pollution free work environment to all employees working for or on behalf of our organization.
- To provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work related injury and ill health and prevention of pollution.
- Prevent hazards related to health and hygiene of all employees working for Polychem
- For the protection on environment by preventing aspects which are causing an adverse impact on the surroundings.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the Polychem subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects and OH & S Hazards.
- Eliminate hazards and reduce OHS risk & carry Aspect Impact Assessment associated with activities and identify the weakness for any correctives measures if required
- To ensure that product delivered to end user will be safe & pollution free
- Commitment for consultation and participation of workers.
- Ensure policy is relevant and appropriate to objective attained & reviewed annually & communicated to the interested parties.
- Polychem considers its management and personnel have an obligation to observe certain behavioral standards in the conduct of its business
- To respect the laws, peoples, religions and cultures of the UAE in which the Company operates
- To train and develop all personnel to realize their full potential
- To provide equal opportunities without regards to race, religion, color, creed or gender
- To uphold the principles of loyalty, mutual respect and pride in achievement
- To promote a safe working culture and the health and well-being of its employees in accordance with Company Health & Safety Policy
- To show care and respect for the environment in the manner in which it carry out work in accordance with Company Environmental Policy
- To display honesty and integrity in its business dealings
- To observe Company Policy, client Codes of Practice and the provisions of the law with respect to correct practices
- Polychem is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment with appropriate safeguards and will enforce this policy for health, safety, moral and financial reasons
- The company will take so far as it is reasonably practicable, action to prevent any substance abuse which increases the potential for accidents, ill health, absenteeism, sub-standard performance or which would otherwise adversely affect its employees or other persons
- This policy shall equally apply to all employees – directors, management, administration, supervision, operatives and sub-contractors
- In the context of this policy the following definitions apply:
- Substance-alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription drugs, over the counter medication, solvents or any other substance that when used can affect an individual’s perception/actions
- Abuse-the use of illegal drugs and the misuse, whether deliberate or unintentional, of prescribed drugs (and over the counter medication) and other substances such as solvents and alcohol
- No employee of the company shall abuse substances (as defined above), be above alcohol limit, supply others with, or be in possession of any substance (other than prescription drugs and over the counter medication) whilst employed on company business. Employees taking prescription or over the counter medication, which may affect performance at work, must report to their supervisor
- The company reserves the right to require all employees to undergo alcohol or drug screening tests and searches. Failure of or refusal to take any such test will render the employee subject to disciplinary action
- This policy shall be reviewed for its effectiveness in line with the SHE policy